Try these grain free, gluten free, nut free and lactose free biccies when you are feeling like something a little bit sweet but don’t want to get that sugar crash afterward. Just remember, they are still a sometimes food.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup Rapadura Sugar or Coconut Palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cacao (more if you want a richer taste)
- Vanilla pod / good natural essence
- 3 egg whites
- Good pinch Himalayan salt or sea salt
- In a food processor or high speed blender grind the pumpkin seeds until they resemble more of a bread crumb texture
- Add the sugar, salt and cacao and mix. Add the vanilla and the egg whites and combine so the egg white is evenly mixed.
- Roll into balls and place on tray. The mixture will be sticky so you may have to wash your hands mid-way through. Press down a little.
- Bake at 180C in fan forced oven for approx. 13 minutes. You will know when they are done as they will start to crack at the top.
Can be made as Ginger and Cinnamon biccies instead by taking out the cacao and adding 2 tablespoon ginger powder and 1 tablespoons of cinnamon.
From Tania Hubbards’ Gluten free, Grain free cookbook