- 1/2 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add cauliflower, bring to the boil and cook for 6 minutes, add peas and cook for a further 3 minutes. Drain vegetables and transfer to a large bowl. Using a potato masher, gently mash cauliflower and peas.
- Sift together flour and spices. Add the cauliflower with egg. Mix to a stiff batter. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture for 3-4minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel.
- Combine yoghurt, garlic, mint and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve warm fritter with yoghurt sauce and spinach salad
From Food For Health And Happiness by The Health Food Company Sanitarium
Click here for more great cauliflower recipes