Try these healthy and delicious seed cracker as an alternative to shop brought crackers. They are dairy, nut and gluten free and super easy to make.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds or flaxseeds (or mix of both)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds sea salt
- Preheat the over to 175 C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Mix all the ingredients together and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes so that the chia or flaxseeds can expand and bond the mixture together
- to add some flavour add Tamari and some curry powder to enhance the taste
- Spread the mixture out over the two trays so it cracker sized thickness
- Cook for 30mins then chop to the desired cracker size. Carefully flip the crackers over and return to the oven for another 30 minutes until crispy.
- Let them cool and then throw on whatever healthy topping you would like
For another gluten free alternative click here for the Nut and Seed Bread to test your taste buds