Wendy, our wonderful nutritionist has been making us treats this week. This raw slice is chocolaty heaven and so easy to make.
- 2 ½ cups Raw Almonds
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 ½ cups Soft Pitted Medjool Dates
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 5 – 8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Soak the pitted medjool dates in hot water for 30 minutes then drain and set aside. (if you can’t get medjool dates then pitted dates work out just fine too)
- Roast the almonds in a 180 degree oven for 10 minutes. Allow them to cool
- Place the almonds in your food processor along with the salt and blitz on a fast speed for up to 10 minutes until you have smooth nut butter. I don’t manage to achieve a nut butter but I just blitz it as much as I can.
- Add in all other ingredients and combine until you have a smooth fudgy consistency.
- Line a small slice tin and press in the fudge. Allow to set in the freezer for 2 hours before slicing up to enjoy.
- Keep this delicious fudge in the freezer.
This also tastes great without the peppermint oil, just add a dash of vanilla essence instead. Also if you like jaffa’s like me I imagine this would taste fabulous with orange essential oil instead of peppermint – that’s next on my list!
Follow Wendy on Facebook at Everest Health