Recently cooked up for our recent Banksia Bunch end of year get together was this scrumptious Nut Bar which disappeared in a flash.
This is a very simple, healthy and super tasty treat from Pete Evans.
1 cup almonds
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup of dried cranberries, blueberries, raisins or goji berries (or a mix of these is tasty)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the nuts on the baking tray and toast for 5 mins or until golden brown, allow to cool.
- Transfer the nuts to a food processor and pulse 4-5 times until coarsely ground.
- Place nuts in a large bowl and stir through almond meal and shredded coconut.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a small pan over a medium to low heat. Add the honey, vanilla and salt and mix well. Pour the honey mixture over the nuts and dried fruit and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and smooth out into an even layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and cut into even sized bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Great gift idea for Christmas social events or a treat for friends. For more Christmas gift giving click here